Hydraulic hose ends, -8AN??

Steve 90

I need a couple of Hydraulic hose ends. The cooler they are fitted to says they are -8AN. Is this the type of fitting? If so I'll be damned if I can find anyone that lists them. Is this not a fitting type and I have got the wrong end of the stick? Or am I just not likely to find any?

Any help or guidance would be great.

Cheers.

Steve.

I need a couple of Hydraulic hose ends. The cooler they are fitted to says they are -8AN. Is this the type of fitting? If so I'll be damned if I can find anyone that lists them. Is this not a fitting type and I have got the wrong end of the stick? Or am I just not likely to find any?

Cheers.

Steve.

have you tried pirtek it aint very often thay cant match something up we use them if we get a hydraulic hose we dont have fittings for

MMMM, I'll go and have another look, Ive been through the DT catalogue and Pirteks on line catalogue with no success. Maybe im missing something!

And yes, They are American coolers.

I must admit I don't actually need them as I have adaptors supplied with the coolers which will do the job perfectly well but thought it would be nice to get some flash, proper hoses made up!

Cheers Guys.

Have a word with David Llama 4x4.

He's a genuinley nice guy who's always glad to help and can sort out what you need quickly.

He sorted me out with a very nice clutch hose with all the fitting I needed in 3 days including postage after a phone call.

He's on here so just send him a pm

what about taking what you need in to your nearest tractor dealer

I know it more costly but gets the job done

Our local place sucks and only has JIC, The next nearest is 45mins away which means me trying to leave work for a couple of hours. Also I was hoping for something a little more bling than the ones the agri place stocks......I know im beginning to be a tart....I blame the V8, Its only since I got that!

-8 is the size, AN stands for Army Navy. It is a USA military standard.

AFAIK AN is the same as JIC.

JIC is a hydraulic standard (from memory Joint Industry Conference). The threads are SAE and the flare is 37*.

The size corresponds to the nominal bore of the hose in number of 16ths of an inch.

JIC is a hydraulic standard (from memory Joint Industry Conference). The threads are SAE and the flare is 37*.

The size corresponds to the nominal bore of the hose in number of 16ths of an inch.

Thats exactly the info I was looking for and would almost figure out. The thread is 3/4 unf the bore size is 1/2" (so 8/16th's= -8) and it has a rounded seat the same as JIC. The only difference is the fitting with the female thread has the hollow seat and the fitting with the male thread has the rounded nose which I think is the opposite way round to JIC but I could be wrong. Can anyone confirm???

Cheers.

Steve.

Plenty of fittings on the shelf in -8

Do you want straight / 45 / 90 / 135 / 180 ?? in steel or aluminium :rolleyes::rolleyes: ??

How do you intend to fit it to your hose - please don't say crappy worm drive clips. I can make you up the hoses with the right ends swaged on properly if you like.

4x4 suspension may well be my passion but motorsport hoses is what pays the bills!

David

David, do you have a motorsport hoses/fittings specific website?

No. I did have but it expired ( www.motorsportplumbing.co.uk ) - it was a crappy free one that did no favours and I have never got round to rebuilding a better one. All my work comes in by word of mouth / recommendations / bumping into people( deliberately ) at rallies / sprinys / hillclimbs etc.

Give or take a bit i can do any hose on your car ( fuel, oil, clutch. brake etc. ) in anything from cheapo black rubber to proper stainless braid race hose ). My main supplier is well up amongst the big names in F1, World rally, etc. so a lot of the stuff especially at the bigger end can work out expensive. What it is though is as good as you can get and the right hose for the job eg. ATF hoses made of teflon not ordinary fuel hose and so on.

If there is something you are after give me a call as I am sure I can sort it out and the same 'Forum Prices' will apply to the motorsport stuff aswell.

Ooh and I forgot to plug all the coolers, pumps, filters and the new range of heatshield materials aswell!!!!

David

Hi David.

I'll need to work out lengths but would you have the ends to make up ZF auto box to cooler pipes (Whatever ends the ZF has to -8an on coolers) and PAS pump to steering box (16mm banjo at PAS pump and whatever end or adaptor is needed for steering box)?

Cheers.

Steve.

P.S. is there anywhere we can get some info on "Ooh and I forgot to plug all the coolers, pumps, filters and the new range of heatshield materials aswell!!!"

All of our stuff at work is JIC because i work for a yank company with yank sizes (ft, 10ths of feet, etc!)...Also means i have to supply my own fittings when making hoses lol....

David @ Llama - thanks for my brake hoses received a couple of days ago, very quick delivery, and i'll be ordering again to do the rest of the truck :)

Gordon

Hi David.

I'll need to work out lengths but would you have the ends to make up ZF auto box to cooler pipes (Whatever ends the ZF has to -8an on coolers) and PAS pump to steering box (16mm banjo at PAS pump and whatever end or adaptor is needed for steering box)?

Cheers.

Steve.

P.S. is there anywhere we can get some info on "Ooh and I forgot to plug all the coolers, pumps, filters and the new range of heatshield materials aswell!!!"

Yes I can do the cooler hoses no problem.....

All the other stuff is sort of in my head ( and in common motorsport knowledge )... what is it you are after? Give me a call or PM me with your contact number and I could call you ( out of hours if needs be ) to discuss what you need and how best to do it

Many thanks

David

Thats exactly the info I was looking for and would almost figure out. The thread is 3/4 unf the bore size is 1/2" (so 8/16th's= -8) and it has a rounded seat the same as JIC. The only difference is the fitting with the female thread has the hollow seat and the fitting with the male thread has the rounded nose which I think is the opposite way round to JIC but I could be wrong. Can anyone confirm???

The female/male fittings you have described is the way JIC fitting are. The BSP 45* flare fittings are the ones that are the opposite way round.

Strictly speaking JIC are SAE threads, despite some referring to UNF. But UNF is so close it is splitting hairs. Pitch and thread angle are the same - just minor differences.

It looks like David can sort you out though.