rear bulkhead removal

philbert

Has anyone completely removed a swb series bulkhead?

i'm seriously considering it.it would be the first mod ive made thats not reversible and thats a big step

and as the motor is quite rare.

could do with more space and dont want a lwb

so back to the question has anyone completely removed the bulkhead.

was it a big job ?how did you brace the body afterwards?

You can't use the Protection & Performance bar like I did in my 109. I think you could only remove pert of it, using the kit from www.mudstuff.co.uk , but it may cause trouble for the fuel filler neck and you'll need to think about the seats- the standard seat backs are supported by the bulkhead and will fall down if it's removed.

You can't use the Protection & Performance bar like I did in my 109. I think you could only remove pert of it, using the kit from www.mudstuff.co.uk , but it may cause trouble for the fuel filler neck and you'll need to think about the seats- the standard seat backs are supported by the bulkhead and will fall down if it's removed.

its fitted with military under seat tanks so doesnt have an external filler.

it also has defender seats so removing the bulkhead wont matter.

If it is a "rare" vehicle why would you make an "irreversible" mod? :(

i know

so far ive resisted making any permanent changes.

its got to the point that i need more room to get the seat further back and too access stuff in the rear without undoing the canvas.

i dont know if it is possible to undo the spot welds and remove the bulkhead but that would be the perfect answer.

i could always put it back later on in life.

i dont know if it is possible to undo the spot welds and remove the bulkhead but that would be the perfect answer.

i could always put it back later on in life.

Did you see the Mark Evans series on Sky TV where he rebuilt a Land Rover? In one of the programs he shortened the rear tub and it involved him drilling out all the spot welds to remove the bulkhead before moving it backwards. He used a special flat faced drill bit which only cut one of the 2 panels. The trick was in finding all the spot welds.

Hope this helps.

Has anyone completely removed a swb series bulkhead?

i'm seriously considering it.it would be the first mod ive made thats not reversible and thats a big step

and as the motor is quite rare.

could do with more space and dont want a lwb

so back to the question has anyone completely removed the bulkhead.

was it a big job ?how did you brace the body afterwards?

hi there,

check out enzorovers log.

Real nice build. He removed the bulkhead in there somewhere. The write is very interesting also. Makes you want to go outside and start rebuilding your landrover right away! A real inspiration of what can be acheived.

enzorover

Cheers.