freelander winch mount

jules

The chequerplate looks naff and it seems to stick out a fair old way, but doesn't look too bad overall.

John

Never seen a normal freelander winch mount on a freelander befor have you john ;)

This is a quantum leap forward as the camels hang two foot out the front of the bumper and there crappy little 5t winches.

I'm not a lover of tread plate agreed. the whole truck has been off road prepared I don't know who by but it look ok the rear bumper is quite big as well

Never seen a normal freelander winch mount on a freelander befor have you john ;)

Yes, but that one does still stick out. I didn't say it wasn't better, :P just that it looks like it sticks out a bit. If there was a way to cut out the silver portion of the plastic bumper and replace with that shape of mount, that would be super-sweet. Obviously I haven't had a freelander apart to see if that's possible, but you asked for feedback so you're getting it :D you should know me by now :lol:

:lol:

There is nothing structural infront of the Rad to fix a winch to hence the A bar with the side supports. it's easy to do but lots of fabrication and the early ones are difrant from the td4 and which is difrant to the V6.

it looks better than most attemts I've seen. trust me ;)

I think that looks quite neat to be honest.

I am going to see if I can get my 8074 into my new one.... :ph34r:

Mark

Hope you like it! Me and my dad done all the fabrication from the winch mount/a frame/rock sliders/ lift kit and tow bar

It is a very tight squezz to fit it in, lots of cutting and strengthing for the winch mount

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

post-312-1224445804_thumb.jpg

One of my sponsors has emailed this to me to see what I thought of the work done there selling it.

I've never seen this done but always thought it was possible with the SD bumpers and this guy has proved me wright.

I'm loving the winch kit :) is your sponsor going to be sellin these? could you pass on their contact details?