Navigation Event

monty

A PM to Chris Watts on here would be a good start. He has not thrown together a few treasure hunts and he has also not organised a few forum laning trips. HTH

You can run it as a 12-car rally if you like - you need to notify the Police but it's not onerous, they didn't seem that bothered at all when I ran a similar thing for the Uni motor club. There's a good piece on 12-car rallies on Wikipedia, and a link to the Wessex Car Club's guide to doing the same.

For a general treasure hunt I usually put film names, music tracks or names of car parts onto scrap CDs and cable tie them around a ten-mile route. Then give out a mixture of grid refs, herringbone diagrams, tulip diagrams or clues on a sheet to each team, and a second piece of paper for each team to record what they find. Set people off at 2 min intervals; the route coincidentally finishes in a pub (ask beforehand, you might be able to get a room or reserve one end of the bar) and you can do the scoring while you wait for people to turn up. If you let them know which pub they're aiming for then they can find the end even if they're hopelessly lost...

guys, thanks for this!

i took a wee trek out the other day with another member....and have plotted a course for it...it takes us on some main roads, some "greenish" lanes where only a 4x4 could do....and we are going to end up at an offroad site for a trial or two and then onwards to get some beer...like the idea of the music tracks/movies...thanks guys