DVLA Registration Application

minivin

Ok, trying to fill out a V55/5 for the application of a registration number for my 109 soft top, it's got me totally blooming confussed.

So, questions now start and any pointers would be great, as I know if I phone up the DVLA they will only send me to the information pack that came with the forms, that even contradict themselves.

So, firstly, should I class the "Type of Body/Vehicle" as a Code 54 "Light 4x4 Utility" for a soft top Series III 109 3/4T ex-FFR from the military?

Also, Certificate of Conformity, as part of the European Community Whole Vehicle Type Approval (ECWVTA), do I need to get this form from Land Rover so that I can get my vehicle registered? 75% of the form asks for information from the CofC.

Seem to be only able to fill in the colour, axle plan and address of owner at present :(

here's another good one;

"Make"

"Model"

Is the make a Rover, since being under the Rover concern, or a Land Rover.....

Also the Model, should it be a "Series 3 109" 3/4T", or a "Series 3 109", or some other twist.....

Now I remember why I aged premeturely after the last application for my classic motorbike :lol::huh:

For Type/Body I'd put Pick-up/utility, Don't see why it needs a cert of conformity it was built before these came on the scene, probably be worth asking members of EMLRA for help, as for Make & Model I'd put Land Rover 109LWB Series 3 or something similar.

For Type/Body I'd put Pick-up/utility, Don't see why it needs a cert of conformity it was built before these came on the scene, probably be worth asking members of EMLRA for help, as for Make & Model I'd put Land Rover 109LWB Series 3 or something similar.

Just had a look in the book about Pick-up/utility, that one comes under the following from what I can tell:

26 Pick-Up

54 Light 4x4 Utility

The above is for Cars and Light 4x4's, then there's the light commercial vehicles <3,500Kg, which could be any of:

26 Pick-Up

43 Breakdown Truck (sorry, couldn't resist :D )

and that be it.....gonna give Lode Lane a mailshot to see if they can confirm the date of manufacture and if they have any hints on what should be entered in the V55/5, you never know they may be kind (well, bit of bribbery by adding in some piccies of the finished article :D ).