Moglite/Nas 90 Need info on regulators for air bottle supply

SteveG

Hi

I want to use my dive bottle for on-board air. Just tyres at first and then maybe air locker.

I know you both have used these - where did you source your regulators?

Did you get a DIN to 1/4 adapter then 1/4 regulator?? Most I have seen seem tohave too low max input pressures, too low for an tank anyway.

Cheers

Steve

Have you seen this ??

The connections on the 1st stage regulator, are either HP - high pressure for contents gauge, or low -pressure. The low-pressure one is about 150 psi on my Ibex, I've not fired up MogLites system yet.

The DIN 1st stage regulator I'm using on MogLite - a male air-line fitting just screws straight in. I'm going to use this (at 150psi !!) for air tools and tyre inflation.

There is a 2nd (and 3rd) taping, one of which I'll run off to a 1/4" BSP regulator, to get 50-80psi for the air rams for lockers and PTOs.

Maybe I'll have another go with less alcohol another day :lol:

Hi

I want to use my dive bottle for on-board air. Just tyres at first and then maybe air locker.

I know you both have used these - where did you source your regulators?

Did you get a DIN to 1/4 adapter then 1/4 regulator?? Most I have seen seem tohave too low max input pressures, too low for an tank anyway.

Cheers

Steve

I use a standard single stage regulator that you would use for say a Mig or Tig welder. The problem with the dive bottle is the arkward coupling to the bottle which uses a screwed ring holding the outlet stem onto the bottle against an "o" ring. Where I bought the bottle I also bought an adaptor that has the input thread to a gas bottle regulator which is probably 1/4 NPT or possibly 1/4 BSPT. I can ask if they have any more if you are interested?

I used the dive bottle because I can get it filled on our factory estate. The CO2 bottles (see reply above) are probably better due to the CO2 lasting longer but I had nowhere local to refill! SimonR and PaulW both have on-board compressors which is perhaps an easier method. I have an emergency pipe rigged from the bottle to plug straight into the lockers if my locker compressor fails.

P.S. If you have the same bottle as me I can cut you a support / clamping bracket, all you need is a Mig or Tig welder to join together!

Thanks for the info guys - Dave my bottle is DIN type not 'A' so should be easy to get DIN to 1/4 BSP adapter.

Looking at it in more detail and pricing things up, it may be easier to go for something like this..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Viair-400P-...1QQcmdZViewItem

or one of these with a tank..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Viair-450C-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers

Steve