Fitting cruise control

rejo

Been fitting a cruise control unit this weekend. The instructions say take a feed from the speed sensor but I dont really want to run a cable from the units black box under the car, what I would like to do is find the cable somewhere inside the car and tap into it where its not going to get covered in carp.

Problem is I havnt got a wiring diagram avaliable at the moment to look at so I cant find where this cable goes or even if it changes colour anywhere.

Any ideas about colours or routing of the cable would be great.

Been fitting a cruise control unit this weekend. The instructions say take a feed from the speed sensor but I dont really want to run a cable from the units black box under the car, what I would like to do is find the cable somewhere inside the car and tap into it where its not going to get covered in carp.

Problem is I havnt got a wiring diagram avaliable at the moment to look at so I cant find where this cable goes or even if it changes colour anywhere.

Any ideas about colours or routing of the cable would be great.

What year is your Disco? I bought a cruise control kit off Ebay last week and it just plugged in, total job took no more than 30mins to fit.

The kit I got of Ebay was 100% Landrove, I could have bought them from my Landrover dealer but tey charge too much and dont come with instructions. The kit I bought came with very detailed instructions and a template to cut the hole to fit the switch to the wheel. Whole job too no longer that 30mins and works a treat.

Don't know about any kits for a 300, the D2 comes with all the wiring fitted direct from the factory and all you need is the 2 switches and bingo.

Td5 has all wiring in place but the 300tdi doesn't, I believe only the EDC models had Cruise Control on the 300tdis (the cc was driven by the ECU and it only worked with the auto boxes IIRC)

So only aftermarket kits can be used on the 300tdi as far as I know.

My 98 300 manual V8 has factory fitted Cruise, the fact it doesn't seem to work properly is a whole different ball game, really should try and fix that sometime soon.

Hi,

I too installed Cruise Control on my 1999 Disoc II in about 30 mins. Hardest thing is getting the courage up to take the steering wheel cover off and those explosive Airbag wires.

Then just plug in the switch (and cut a hole in the plastic) and put it all back together again.

Finally plug in the master switch. Thats it.

I bought my parts from RimmerBros, £50 in vat I think.

Full instructions here : http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/showthread.php?t=5534

They were on the Disco2.com web site.

Happy cruising,

Simon

PS Sorry TDi owners... I've no experience there.