Immobiliser problem - can ypu help?

Joniphoo

Hi everone,

Just recently bought a manual 96 300 tdi fpr £700 which needs some tlc.

When i bought it the alarm fob was not working so just used key for access and starting. After changing a few fuses after fixing a couple of electrial problems the alarm started to work and was working fine apart from a couple of locks which are in need of motor repairs.

Well yesterday the fob will now not disable the car and hence the immobiliser is blocking the start of the car - have checked all the fuses and changed the fob battery - but still no luck. Checked car manual - no EKA code available.

Is there any other way of starting car without EKA code.

Your help would be much appreciated

Cheers

Jon

Did u synchronize the fob with the alarm after fitting the battery. A LR dealer will give you EKA code other than that look at this link. http://forums.lr4x4.com/lofiversion/index.php/t86.html

And welcome to the forum

Thanks for the welcome.

I have checked the manual and pressed the lock button 4 times but still no luck - have i done this correctly -should the key be in the lock?

Thanks

Jonathan

I had similar situation. My keyfob just died:)

So if you can not start a car with EKA code - spider. If EKA helps - dead keyfob.

Tried EKA today (got free rom dealer) but still no luck - guess its the spider - auto electrician quoted £50 to bypass - any suggestions - hows Kiev this time of year - I have family near Lviv

Cheers

Jon

I had similar situation. My keyfob just died:)

So if you can not start a car with EKA code - spider. If EKA helps - dead keyfob.

Must be spider as EKA code useless - quoted £50 by auto electrician to bypass - hows Kiev thia time of year - have family near Lviv

Is it a job I can easily do myself?

Cheers

Jon

Sometimes you need 10-12 presses so if you have only done it four times as per the book I should give that another go first

Hi bogmonster

Read your thread on the 'spider' so it aint that, have tried eka code (dealer supplied foc!) but door lock very worn so still immobilised - any suggesting before I spend £50 on an auto electrician?

cheers

joniphoo

If it's all completely manual just bypass the vehicles wiring. Supply 12v to the stop solenoid, then 12 volts to the glow plugs, then short the terminals on the starter to turn it over. That should atleast get you started.

Other options are take door apart so you can move the key mechanism by hand to enter the EKA code.

Must be spider as EKA code useless - quoted £50 by auto electrician to bypass - hows Kiev thia time of year - have family near Lviv

Is it a job I can easily do myself?

Cheers

Jon

£50, world crisis.... 30 minutes job actually, 60 minutes if you drink a beer.

Just got a little snow here in Kiev:) Western Ukraine is covered with snow totally in the mountains, just seen a video from there.

£50, world crisis.... 30 minutes job actually, 60 minutes if you drink a beer.

Just got a little snow here in Kiev:) Western Ukraine is covered with snow totally in the mountains, just seen a video from there.

World crisis over - key fob shagged - auto electrician got fob working intermitently so had alarm and immobiliser bypassed - still have central locking and red alarm indicator light so happy enough - at least i can use the car!!

Cheers for the help

Joniphoo