Free SIII in South Ayshire

Niall_CSK

Hi Gents, no I am not lost :P

I have been tasked with finding a home for the neighbours SWB SII, he is not asking anymore than a decent bottle of malt!

Details:

A reg SWB.

2.25 petrol.

"Countified" hardtop (windows & seats)

No MOT or tax, needs some chassis work etc.

I am told it is still a runner but haven't seen it myself for a long time.

Been a farm vehicle for the last 5 years or so. Laid up just south of Ayr (Scotland) near the A77.

Anybody interested PM me with your email or phone number & I will put you in touch with the owner.

Lived up to discription collected today Monday chassis work and outriggers fair bit of work required

petrol tank leaking wings got a few dings but all sortable keep you up to date and pics later

Jim L

Good to hear, I hope John was on form, quite a character :)

Good to hear, I hope John was on form, quite a character :)

He was in deed on form spent saturday morning removing half of Ayrshire soil into West Lothian soil

to get a better look at chassis and make it easyer for body removal later nothing you did not warn me about(

(quote Hope you got a good power washer) good farmyard muck great for the plants engine turnes over on handle free enough so still a happy bunnie catch up with you soon thanks again

Jim L

• 2 weeks later...
You've not wasted much time getting into it Jim.

Good to see it in the surgery :D

Hi there will post some more pics as it progresses and thanks for the lead if I can return the favour anytime just shout not forgeting I have a transporter trailer with winch

Jim L

• 3 weeks later...
How is it going? Not still dark in the East is it?

Hi there three outriggers wielded in tank back engine running well after service new points leads etc lights all replaced as required rear crossmember marked up and ready for extraction hopefully sunday window replaced just two switches to buy yet for fog and 4way flashers ohh and renew brake light switch

will prob replace clutch while got body off felt a bit of slip when driving it about playing in drive

otherwise all going to plan really enjoying myself thanks

Jim L

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there three outriggers wielded in tank back engine running well after service new points leads etc lights all replaced as required rear crossmember marked up and ready for extraction hopefully sunday window replaced just two switches to buy yet for fog and 4way flashers ohh and renew brake light switch

will prob replace clutch while got body off felt a bit of slip when driving it about playing in drive

otherwise all going to plan really enjoying myself thanks

Jim L

UPdate after putting back together and preparing to start brake renewal disaster struke major fire in wiring loom wrote off three quarter of the wiring so back to drawing board and new wiring will update after swearing time Jim l

• 2 weeks later...
UPdate after putting back together and preparing to start brake renewal disaster struke major fire in wiring loom wrote off three quarter of the wiring so back to drawing board and new wiring will update after swearing time Jim l

UPDATE new wiring all complete back at starting blocks brake pipe renewal cylinders etc rear crossmember got lost some-where so not finished if any-one has a crossmember for sale in Scotland preferably could they phone my mobile 07850 771206 Thanks Jim L