discovery I - what tom tom?

john01473

there are too many to choose from-

hoping for some advice on the most suitable make or model -

i mostly need it for speed cameras and travelling around uk -

cheers

Big John

Garmin 200 nuvi excellent for cameras. small smart touch screen with online update. available cheap from amazon.co.uk or halfords. ;)

Beware if you buying new as there a lot of new models coming onto the market now with new features, no wonder Halfords are giving 50% off their old stock.

Go the the manufactures webb site of the of the kit you fancy to see ithe new models.

I have had a Navman for two years it's a bit out of date now on some roads ,I can update but have to buy a new SD card, Tom Tom updates via the web but you have to pay after a year.

My tip is get the biggest screen you can, mine is 3 1/2 inches and I can only just see the small detail.

My next satnav will be a Navman (unless i win the Loto that is) to much stuff on a Tom Tom that I wouldn't use but would have to pay for Bluetooth that means that you have to fit the satnav every time your in the car, I think the BT ear piece is better.

there are too many to choose from-

hoping for some advice on the most suitable make or model -

i mostly need it for speed cameras and travelling around uk -

cheers

Big John

I had the Tom Tom XL wide screen and found it excellent for when I had to go into London, had it nicked and replaced it with a Garmin, I've found the Garmin not quite as good in London, poor bitching betty seems to get confused, I bought it as it is preloaded with European maps that I'll need next year.

As a matter of interest I used my TomTom last year for my trip down through Morocco and across the sahara, with its lat and long facility and a set of aviation maps had absolutely no problems navigating.

Cheers Bill