Discovery Ride Height

subaquasaes

I have a Lreg 300 tdi and i hope that People on the forum could give me some advice on what the factory ride height should be from the wheel arch to centre of wheel

I am thinking of putting new springs and shocks on any advice would be good I want to keep the same ride height as it should be

I carry 3 Large german shepherds in it every day so the stiffer the springs the better

What is eveyones thoughts on the make and type of set up i should use

Thanks in advance

Mine 435mm front and 460mm rear. This subject has come up before and none of the measurements given in the thread were the same, which is understandable as it depends on the weight being carried in the vehicle at the time.

The standard springs are 15.4in long when off the vehicle. The fronts are 150lb/in and the rears are 207lb/in.

Depending on how much weight you need to carry, landrover spring NRC9448 (blue/red) 225lb/in and 15.3in free length works well on the rear. and I would say that Landrover spring NRC9946 (Blue green) 175lb/in and 15.19in would work on the front.

Info from experience with the rears and this for the front :- Clicky

Oh and buy genuine springs as the ones made by britpart are not the best quality although a bit cheaper. I would suggest Rough Country standard length shocks from David at LLama 4x4 :- Clicky

Pete.

1996 Disco 300Tdi

Interested in this thread too.....

'Old Smokey sits a little lower at the back than I'd like and she's on original springs so I'd like to replace just the rears.

Fair to say that after 12.5 years this sag will be removed by fitting new OEM ones? or are there Heavy Duty springs at standard height (Tow a lot!)

Can't see my VAxxxx vin on the list!

Hope this suplements your line of questioning "Subaquasaes"