Diff vent pipe - Hoses for wading?

the front axles breather should finish in the engine bay behind the rocker cover with the main & transfer gearbox breathers,, the rear axles breather stops at the A frame arm & can be extended up into the rear corner of the body or along the chassis to the engine bay.

Are they needed for deep wading? I've seen vehicles with hoses that raise the ventilation pipes of differentials.

Do we need that on Defenders?

yes and they are fitted as std and work fine for the recommended wading depth 500mm

if your going deeper and have a snorkel then think about raising exisiting and making new breather for

timing case

winches

axles front and rear

transfer box

gear box

PAS res

plugging the drain hole in the air filter box

depends i suppose on how long your going to wade for and if the vent system in the cap works properly

if your doing prolonged wading then you would need air to get in the tank to stop a vacuum being formed but thats alot of wading!

my breather is already extended with a one way valve in the end of it but more so due to a dodgy cap leaking and not working very well on side slopes rather than wading.