Swivel Hubs

Ibex94

Hi,

Am currently rebuilding a 90's front axle for my Ibex, both swivels are pitted so am looking to replace. The axle is a post '99 one, when I asked for the parts L/R offered me 2 different types one at about £70 the other £260 can anyone let me know what the difference is?

When stripping the axle I found offside swivel full of emulsion with all the nice oily bits suitably poxed up :angry: . Local L/R dealer did me a stunning deal on a knock down swivel assembly half shaft through to hub carrier. The hub supplied with this is bright I assume chromed the old items have a black finish. I assume these are the two types but am perplexed at the huge price differencial :huh: .

Many thanks

Rob

the shiney chrome coated swivel balls are getting harder to find now, the later Teflon coated are the latest spec & have taken over from the chrome items, mine were replaced recently & the new tefoln swivel balls were 218 each, no wonder the gargage bill is so darn expensive :o so I'm guessing they are genuine parts rather than aftermarket spares.

the shiney chrome coated swivel balls are getting harder to find now, the later Teflon coated are the latest spec & have taken over from the chrome items, mine were replaced recently & the new tefoln swivel balls were 218 each, no wonder the gargage bill is so darn expensive :o so I'm guessing they are genuine parts rather than aftermarket spares.

Thats strange cause the dealer got in one of the cheap ones @£70 and it was the black teflon finish. I was more interested in whether the expensive one was manufactured from higher grade steel and therefore stronger - couldn't believe the cost of surface treatment would be so significant.

Thanks

Rob