Washer pump motor?

Stretchie_

Hello and happy new year

Quick question, when I go wash the windscreen the wipers start going but no water comes out. Also no water comes out of the headlamp washers either and I can't hear the washer water pump working either.

It just stopped, was working in the morning, but not in the afternoon.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Assuming the obvious - that there is water in the tank, and the washer jets aren't frozen if you are in the UK at the moment - the windscreen wash and headlight wash are on completely different circuits because I took the fuse out of my headlight washers because they were useless and just used 3x as much screenwash!

Check if you can hear either of the windscreen washer pumps (try front and rear - 2 separate motors) if not check the fuses and then whether there is power to the motors when the button is pressed, if so the washer pump is probably just 'cked.

Happened to mine recently! the "water" in the washer bottle had turned to syrup. Apparently there is some combination of washer additives which cause this. Only solution is to remove bottle and rinse thoroughly. Off course given the state of the weather it may simply be frozen as BM suggests!

Cheers guys, decided to swap the line over from the front to the rear pump as a temporary fix.

Had to grind the bolts off from in the wheel arch, swapped them over then had a fiddle with the front motor and put it all together (with the rear pump operating the front washer hoses. Put it all back together and now they both work, looks like it had just worked something loose on within the connection.

Planning to put it back to normal on the weekend

Happened to mine recently! the "water" in the washer bottle had turned to syrup. Apparently there is some combination of washer additives which cause this.

I recently had screen-wash 'turn' while it was still in the original container, so I think that it may also be an age thing too. I needed some screen-wash and recalled finding a half full gallon container of concentrate under the bench - no idea how old but probably 5 years? - and when I attempted to pour it into the washer-bottle it came out with the consistency of large lumps of swarfega floating in water. :(

Roger