does a 200tdi have a brake vacuum pump

I'm still trying to work out a tappetty noise that i'm getting.

Gonna try borrow a compression tester tomorrow to eliminate the worst as the tappets are set to correct gap.

When looking at the price of parts i noticed that a few places like paddocks etc list a brake vacuum pump for a 200tdi.

I thought these were only fitted on the 300tdi ??

I know these can make some weird noises when they get worn but does my 200tdi have one and if so where ??

Yes, it sits on the engines right hand side just rear of the injection pump with a hose to the brake servo, it's driven off the camshaft & oil pump drive, remove the vacuum pump & check it's drive shaft & remove the top plate & check the 4 vanes [replacable] are intact.

the vanes are AEU2718 should be a set of 4 vanes.

Yes, it sits on the engines right hand side just rear of the injection pump with a hose to the brake servo, it's driven off the camshaft & oil pump drive, remove the vacuum pump & check it's drive shaft & remove the top plate & check the 4 vanes [replacable] are intact.

the vanes are AEU2718 should be a set of 4 vanes.

Thank you very much sir.

Do you know if these do actually make a noise like badly adjusted tappets when worn ?

mines the original except for the vanes which I replaced around 4 years ago & it's not making any unknown noises,

is your braking power reduced -- lack of assistance from vacuum ?

might be a busted vane, whip the top cover off & have a look.

just while your on the subject of vacum pumps are the vaines on a 300tdi changable as i've been quoted £170+vat for a new pump, an when take the engine out to change the clutch thought may as well change that as there suffering abit

dave

Took the pump lid off and everything looked fine.

A small amount of scoring on the lid but thats about it.

Did notice a bit of rotary play though. Presume this is normal...

Spent a day searching for the noise ..

Gonna pick up some valve caps tomorrow.

Old ones seem quite loose on the valve top. Again not sure, but presume the hole in the centre of the cap should be a snug fit on the valve stem and mine have quite a lot of sideways movement and kind of tip up a bit when in first contact with the rocker.

Worth a try for a tenner.

Noise sorted ... when i checked the tappets i noticed that the valve caps sometimes cocked over a bit when turning the engine by hand. I checked the caps for wear but really they were like new ... went all around the houses and ended up where i started.

Ordered part number LJC100270 and when they arrived i found that they have got a large chamfered edge with a recess in the bottom. My old ones where square edged with a recess in the bottom.

Anyway caps replaced with the ones with the new shape and noise gone and all sorted.