Best way forward

kkk2

I have a 300tdi auto disco which I want to take the engine and auto box out of in one unit if possible, what the best way of doing this? will it swing forward or will I need to drop the unit down? lifting gear will not be an issue :rolleyes:

Thanks

Kevin , I took mine out this week ,had to cut the slam panel off to get it out in one lump.

005-3.jpg

Thanks Jase, looks like I'll do the same, you upgrading your truck? we are building a new one on a galv. chassis we have.

New polystyrene shock mounts look good :D

John

Not quite , They are Mc donalds Supersize ones ,

Yep Kevin the truck is having a few changes , 200 LT77 out , 300 auto in moved back 7" , 100" wheelbase , new cage and wingbars .

Should keep me busy for a couple of months

Nice one, was having a look today, what x member will you use? and is there a 90 auto propshaft?

Not going to use the disco x member , As much as I would of liked too ,It wont fit in my chassis as I have beefed it up underneath and the Disco X member simply wont fit between the rails . Im using the defender mounts , simply moving them back 7 "

That will be Richs place then, no way your garage is that tidy!

No and I dont have a Bentley in my garage :lol: