Hydraulic help needed for a beginner....

Anderzander

Can anyone cast an eye of this Hydraulic set up, that's been taken off an ex utility vehicle, and tell me what everything is?

I've labelled what I can - but would appreciate any help you can give (particularly for 4,6 and 7)

Hydraulicwinchkit.jpg

#7 Increases the throttle to up the revs while using the hydraulics, the cable attaches to the throttle

#6 Auxillary hydraulic lines that can be used to power other hydraulic tools & attachments (Its not an emergency stop valve)

Looks like the standard Superwinch H14 hydraulic kit.

4. looks like another spool valve -- possible for a reverse operation

6. looks like a external self sealing connection maybe to connect a tipping ram on a trailer

7. possibly a rotary actuator or throttle actuator, the parts adjacent to it suggest that to me.

#7 Increases the throttle to up the revs while using the hydraulics, the cable attaches to the throttle

#6 Auxillary hydraulic lines that can be used to power other hydraulic tools & attachments (Its not an emergency stop valve)

Looks like the standard Superwinch H14 hydraulic kit.

#4 Is the in cab control for winching in/out.

The main control unit was fitted on the n/s front wing. You can control the wing from either.

#4 Is the in cab control for winching in/out.

The main control unit was fitted on the n/s front wing. You can control the wing from either.

If you move the lever you have numbered #4 you should see the control block level move aswell, they are attached with a cable.

The other lever on the control block turns the auxillary circuit on & off.

Here's a close up of number 7

Hydraulicwinchkit8-1.jpg

The set up came off a very late model tdi defender. I hope to fit it to my td5 90.

I'll have to move the ECU and fuses somewhere as the oil reservoir fits under the seat.

If that's a throttle control I think I'll have to work something else out for that too with the td5 not having a cable. Maybe I could set it up to actually pull the peddle down from the back?

Any price guide for a full H14 set up?

and last question, what's a fair price for this lot with the winch, steel cable and bumper?

I have bought a couple in the past for £400 each but though that was rather cheap as I sold a spare PTO for £300 on eBay.

Plus the price new must be a good few thousand, they are good value now.

I quite like them, not the quickest but they are a strong well built winch that will keep going all day long if required.

If you move the lever you have numbered #4 you should see the control block level move aswell, they are attached with a cable.

The other lever on the control block turns the auxillary circuit on & off.

Brilliant - that's clear for me too now. Thank you

So you can have in cab or outside control of the winch. :D

Here's a close up of number 7

Hydraulicwinchkit8-1.jpg

The set up came off a very late model tdi defender. I hope to fit it to my td5 90.

I'll have to move the ECU and fuses somewhere as the oil reservoir fits under the seat.

If that's a throttle control I think I'll have to work something else out for that too with the td5 not having a cable. Maybe I could set it up to actually pull the peddle down from the back?

Any price guide for a full H14 set up?

It is a throttle cable link. (#7)

i had the h14 set up on an ex utility 110 200tdi and rang superwinch for some shaft bearings for it.. just asked how much it was new and they said for the full set up fitted it would be just shy of £5000.... i was pleasantly surprised!!