Discovery cage

Bobtail-Jay

I think the above statement is entirely wrong.

Fair enough :) , that is your opinion. IMHO however, you only have to scratch the surface by reading the first post of the second link which I cited in my original post and then get into the ensuing discussion to see where I could have got this idea, however wrong you might consider it.

What you can't argue about however, if you read the posts at the two links together, is that one could be forgiven for feeling that that you are damned if you do and damned if you don't by some people who should know better, whichever approach you choose to go for.

At least someone can come on here and ask for advice about any Land Rover issue or modification and will be given the very best of the knowledge and experience from a wide range of forum members.

They can also search the technical archive, largely built up from the efforts of members and other reliable sources with credits attributed where known.

The advice is given freely, willingly and invariably with a smile. People are requested to search the technical archive and are pointed in it's direction if they are unaware of it's existence.

It appears that the owner of the said Disco was badly advised or chose to do his own thing.

There are some exceptionally well qualified mechanically minded LR4X4 forum members, from a challenge building and general maintenance perspective, along with pioneering product suppliers who are constantly pushing the boundaries of Land Rover enhancements.

Some may take a light hearted poke at the green horn finding their way, but I have never seen malicious or unhelpful comments directed that way.

Occasionally some smart 'podex' will make a daft or dumb post and get blasted, but never in a harmful manner.

John

Where people have popped up with "here's my welding, how can I improve?" then advice is freely and constructively given. I like to think that if someone appears on here showing how they've saved weight by only using three wheelnuts, they'll be suitably lambasted, and I think that's a good balance to keep.