Doctors Gate Road

M&S

Hi all, thought I'd share yesterdays laning trip with you, seeing as I've been away for a while. Had a great 2 weeks holiday in Ireland. The D2 is certainly THE car to have for touring B)

Yesterday we decided to tackle the doctors gate lane. Was a good lane, quite tricky in sections and certainly not one I'd recommend in the ice...

We got stuck once but we thought we might before choosing the line (the ruts were just a bit too deep even though it was firm ground). As we had another vehicle with a winch we thought we'd give it a go, and it turned out a good opportunity for all involved to practice recovery techniques on a nice day without rushing.

I'll let the pics speak for themselves. What you won't see is the large crack in the front bumper. Oh well, we've been eyeing up a steel replacement for a while now :D

post-12723-1231416427_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1231416464_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1231416515_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1231416547_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1231416590_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1231416610_thumb.jpg

post-12723-1231416678_thumb.jpg

You appear to enjoy taking it out on the front nearside bumper if memory serves me from your trip down Stanage Edge! :D

John

Your memory serves you correctly :rolleyes: Still, the duck tape doesn't look too bad now it's been on a few days ;)

Is that the lane near Glossop?

I'm trying to put a list of routes together for a trip down into the peaks - and have seen that one. Though from your pics it looks a bit muddy for me - I prefer rocky routes...

It's up near Durham.

You're really not shy with that machine, are you? Just to let you know, one of the pics shows that you need a bigger wheel on one corner, doesn't reach the floor.

I'm glad the bumper damage was repeated - it means the Stanage weakening would have happened later anyway, and this way round you weren't so cut up about breaking a bit of the car that was already broken. :D

Ooh, by the way, Mum amortised your damage to her gate at £20 over the life of its replacement, so I'll pay her in lieu of smashing the front of your car up on Stanage and we're all square :)

You're really not shy with that machine, are you? Just to let you know, one of the pics shows that you need a bigger wheel on one corner, doesn't reach the floor.

I'm glad the bumper damage was repeated - it means the Stanage weakening would have happened later anyway, and this way round you weren't so cut up about breaking a bit of the car that was already broken. :D

Ooh, by the way, Mum amortised your damage to her gate at £20 over the life of its replacement, so I'll pay her in lieu of smashing the front of your car up on Stanage and we're all square :)

Hi mate, good to hear from you. No point being shy is there, that's what we bought it for :P

I had/hadn't forgotten about the gate, I was waiting for the bill. As you can see, we've been away/busy/holidaying and such. But thank her anyway, and thanks to you also. I'm sure a few pints will square it up when we next get together ;) A new rear light is £28, so actually more than the gate. Bloomin Land Rover dealers know how to charge :rolleyes: Got a steering guard fitted now, which involved cutting most of the front bumper away anyway, so that cracked bit from Stanage is now in the bin :lol: