V8 Twin Turbo?

Tear it up

I am in the process of building a project and decided a V8 is the way to go. I may have found a set of turbos and manifolds. Has anyone ever done this before and would it be worth doing?

The picture is 1 of 2 turbo's that I bought off the lovely ebay. Not going to use the SU as I am hoping to use EFI and 1 single inlet. The other turbo is exactly the same as this one, but just for the other side. Was thinking along the same lines as the twin turbo effect, as you say found on the BMW's, but my knowledge is best of the Subaru's. The only disadvantage of this as far as I am aware is the valley of death as it's well known (the time between the first and second turbo). It will all be hooked up to an auto box anyway, so maybe in kickdown more than I should be lol. I may just stick with the turbo's as they are to try them as they are original V8 fitment and just adapt it to fit EFI. Any suggestions as to where this thread would be best placed or started again so as not to annoy the anti's?

Deffinately just a play thing. It's one of those things that when you finish a project you get that nice warm sense of wellbeing feeling and then decide to start modifying even more. I am under no illusion that this is going to be easy. Just been back and looked at link website and I think I might just have to spend the extra money and get a G3 link. Has anyone had much dealing with these in this type of application? I have on other applications like Subarus where everything is there for you. Some of the main benefits for the link are you can control V8 on coil, 4D fuel mapping, does away with air flow sensors and if using a gm boost control solenoid will control all boosting for turbos. You can also get the upgraded model with a 5 bar map sensor but I think that's a bit too much for what I'm looking for. :lol:

As a different approach have a look at STS turbo systems in the US. They aren't for Landy's but the rear/remote mount approach may not be such a bad solution.

And while I accept a turbo setup is complicated and probably above me, I can't see why a mild 5-7psi setup with suitable fuel and ignition control couldn't be used. Loads of guys the world over have done similar things.

I'd have thought a 4.0 litre V8 with 5psi of boost would easily wipe the floor with a n/a 4.6 RV8.