LEAKING SUNROOF £950 TO REPAIR !!

Tall Paul

Hello there

I have recently bought a T reg TD5, well aware that the sunroof has a leak. NOt quite sure which one it is. Took it to local stratstone they said £250 to strip head lining and water test the roof.

I get a call saying they found the glass roof had been bonded to the rubber seal, then forced open tearing the rubber seal. Then quoted me £700 to get a new sunroof and fit on top of the £250.

Is that the normal rate ?? anybody had similar problem ??

Robbing b********ds

any body managed to fix this problem a lot cheaper ?? manual sunroofs bog standard !

Many thanks in advance !

Tall Paul

That will be right Robbing b********ds, what do main dealers charge now, last time I went to one for a service was 6 years ago then it was £58ph. You can buy the rubber seal on ebay for around £22 for two. Just enter Discovery sunroof, it's an easy diy job to fit.

WOW! I wouldn't have thought a new sunroof would have been that expensive even at the stealers.

But as said, you don't need the full sunroof, just the seal. I'd be bringing that fact up with them and see there reply. Maybe threaten with trading standards (they are obviously selling you a part that isn't needed)? You might be able to get the new seal fitted for no extra cost, considering they have already stripped the rooflining etc. You've paid them to remove the lining anyway, you may as well have them fit the seal otherwise you'll be having to finish the job yourself.