HID Xenon installation on a Defender

Aubrey

HID are great on the road, not sure I fancy kilvolts of juice knocking round on a vehicle that's going to be wet & muddy most of the time, also don't fancy the bill when it gets smashed/wet :unsure:

For off-road use I would stay with halogen. Cheap and nasty and you don't need the massive amount of light. The 110 is primeraly an overland vehicle in Africa so rather than add spotlights and wires ..... I went the HID option. Live of HID bulb is 2500 hours vs halogen at 800 hours.

Igniters are fulle sealed units and I doubt if water will get into the igniter ...... on the globes ..... another story ;)

On illegal ....... not in Africa boet :blink:

Bought from USA ..... shipped to South Africa :angry: which added a bit but cost in USA is under US$ 290-00

Best is to go www.ebay.com and search for "HID xenon"

Do you mind passing on the sellers details.

I have looked at a few, as you do, but that is a good price, I am interested to know how the main/dip function works & whether they are available for other lamp fitting H1 etc.