Axles

Bobtail

what will i need to change on my axles to convert them from 10 pline to 24 spline diffs?

I know i'll need to change the diffs,half shafts,CV's and hub flange thingies to 24 spline

But is it that simple or will it be easier to just buy a pair of 24 spline axles and change them over

The reason i want to change is i am going to buy an arb locker and you can not buy 10 spline uprated shafts

so need to change to 24 spline

all advice greatfully received

Cheers

Jim

Swapping axles is a lot less work and probably cheaper by the time you've bought all the separate bits, replaced all the stuff that needs replacing while you've got them apart, and farted around dismantling & reassembling them. Unbolt old axles, bolt on new axles, chuck old axles on ebay.

Wot he said^^^^^^^^^^^

300 Disco axles are the way forward.

BUT

a couple of things to consider.

1. Front discs - are yours vented?

2. Front calipers - are yours two channel?

3. ABS - do you have it?

The fist two can be a case of swapping your existing bits over to the new axles but Discovery ABS is different I believe. You may be able to plug your sensors into the housings on the Disco axle but I have never done it so cannot offer any guarantees....

You will also need a 4 hole flange to put on the Disco rear diff to get rid of the stoopid doughnut. :)

Wot he said^^^^^^^^^^^

300 Disco axles are the way forward.

BUT

a couple of things to consider.

1. Front discs - are yours vented?

2. Front calipers - are yours two channel?

3. ABS - do you have it?

The fist two can be a case of swapping your existing bits over to the new axles but Discovery ABS is different I believe. You may be able to plug your sensors into the housings on the Disco axle but I have never done it so cannot offer any guarantees....

You will also need a 4 hole flange to put on the Disco rear diff to get rid of the stoopid doughnut. :)

I would jut add that if you buy them from separate sources just check that the ratios are the same, i`ve been caght out once :blink:

I really doubt it would be factory, what with everything they've made in the last 25 years being 3.54:1.

^^^^^^ as above I think someone had changed the ratios either knowing what they were doing or more than likely not, then sold it on and at the time I did`nt know what to look for so was sold an item that was no good to me. So I`m just passing on the onfo.

Jumping on to your thread here are 24 spline axles much stronger than the 10 spline ones as I need something a bit stronger for my Range Rover special

I think it'd be fair to say they're a harder grade of cheese than stock LR stuff, it's all relative really.