Warn XP , XDC , Ti , Si

josecamorim

Hello all,

I'm planning to buy a winch for my 90td5. I know the 8274 is the one i should aim for, but my bumper is only compatible to the above models and really i dont see the need for the "big one" - It will be used for self recovery,not extreme off roading or working.

Which of these winches would you buy and why?

Thank you all,

Regards,

José

I've a Warn 9.5 XP its a good winch and way better than the cheapo ones out there, i got it stupidly cheap and was pretty much brand new to i wouldnt have paid full price for it. If i was buying another i'd look at the TDS godfish or the superwinch ep9 quality for a decent price

I presume you are limited to Warn winches because your fairlead and bolt positions are off set from centre on your bumper?

If that is the case then the XD9000 is very solid.

However, as others have said, I would look at the Goldfish, even if it means selling your bumper or modifying it to suit a centrally mounted winch.

I´m limited to Warn winches for some reasons:

1 - Bumper

2 - I have a discount on warn winches (30% off)

3 - Here in Portugal its hard to find other winches and winch parts for other brands - Warn is still no. 1 ( he can now find Come-Up,T-max and Champion spares, but unfortunatly not for goodwinch or superwinch, or even Ramsey)

So...the quest goes on and on!!

You can see my defender and the bumper here: http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=17210

Regards,

I suppose it's then a choice between the XP or XDC. XP has faster motor, but XDC has better contactors, sealing and IIRC has heat overide sensor.

So if you can live with a few feet per minute and the price is ok compared to XP, it looks like XDC. If you want the speed and are happy to fit an Albright when the Warn solenoids give up, then it's an XP. ;)

Steve