No Temp guage - Ideas?

Mark

The temperature guage on my disco dosent appear to be working. Is this a common problem? Is there a common solution?

Any hints on where to look first, to get this sorted quickly would be much appreciated! Don't fancy driving to wales on an engine I don't know the history of without a temp gauge...

Cheers

Mark

Pull the wire from temp sender and earth it, [for short amount of time] if temp gauge goes up I'll look at the sender unit as rest should be Ok. Remember that 200tdi engines take a while to worm-up especially if driving slowly mine can take up to 15-20 min before the gauge starts moving but at higher speed it's quicker. Greg

my old mans 200 discos' guage never got above the 1/4 mark from the bottom, we ran another guage on it to get a true reading and it was at actual correct running temp, just the LR scale didn't illustrate it very well.

Does the guage move at all when its warmed up?

my old mans 200 discos' guage never got above the 1/4 mark from the bottom, we ran another guage on it to get a true reading and it was at actual correct running temp, just the LR scale didn't illustrate it very well.

Does the guage move at all when its warmed up?

After a little more investigation, the temp guage does move up about a quarter of an inch when good and warm. I have also remade the connection onto the sender so hopefully this should give a better reading but we will see on the next run out...

Cheers

Mark