Locker?!!!!!!!!!!!!&#3

Bobtail

I want to fit a locker in the rear of my RRC 200tdi (retro fitted)

But it has 10 spline diffs!!!!! :-\

First do i fit an ARB Or Detroit locker

Now my problems start do i........................................

1:-fit a detroit 10spline locker but can not get uprated half shafts

2:- put 24 spline disco axles on and put detroit or arb in as you can get uprated 24 spline half shafts etc and uprate shafts etc as well

Need some help please

cheers

Jim

It depends what you intend to do with the vehicle.

I thought that I wasn't going to do much beyond play days and laning etc so just put a 10 spline ARB in my RR.

I have never broken a shaft( only twisted ;)) with V8 or 200TDi through an auto box. I have also moved on to more aggressive off roading and now wish (5 years on) that I had gone 24 spline as the options as you say for HD shafts are limited for 10 spline.

If you are sure you wont go for big tyres or big HP (unlikely with a 200TDi!!) and still run auto then you could save a lot by staying 10 spline. That's what I thought I was sure of!!

So, in a nutshell, go 24 spline now before you spend out and regret it.

I would advocate an ARB, yes more expensive, but you get total control over when you use it or not.

Go for a 24 spline ARB, change the half shafts to 24 spline ones, either standard ones or Ashcroft uprated ones. If you stick with standard 24 spline shafts you'll have the option of upgrading later. If you fit 10 spline ARBs you're pretty much stuck with standard shafts and no upgrade route.