TD5 suspension

rocky

thanks for the replies, also I believe that some 1999's and 2004's have difflock, please correct me if I'm wrong. rocky

I beleive that some early models can have difflock re activated as they have the workings in the transfer box and the wiring in place behind the dash etc, but the procedure to re-activate is a bit of a job. Not really worth it in my opinion as the d2 is extremely capable as it is with its t/c. Check out discovery2.co.uk this guy knows his landy and shows the procedure and what is involved. I would only do it if you intend doing some serious off roading (but then I would buy a Defender instead). :lol:

I beleive that some early models can have difflock re activated as they have the workings in the transfer box and the wiring in place behind the dash etc, but the procedure to re-activate is a bit of a job. Not really worth it in my opinion as the d2 is extremely capable as it is with its t/c. Check out discovery2.co.uk this guy knows his landy and shows the procedure and what is involved. I would only do it if you intend doing some serious off roading (but then I would buy a Defender instead). :lol:

I agree that the D2 is a very capable vehicle with Traction Control but it is even better with the centre diff lock operational. The traction control hardly kicks in once the diff lock is engaged.

Don't be too dismisive about the D2's suitability for "serious offroading" - it is veritable Wolf In Sheep's Clothing. Lose some of the interior weight and put some decent bumpers on and away you go.

It is also very comfortable and the heater works !!!

Regards,

Peter.

I agree that the D2 is a very capable vehicle with Traction Control but it is even better with the centre diff lock operational. The traction control hardly kicks in once the diff lock is engaged.

Don't be too dismisive about the D2's suitability for "serious offroading" - it is veritable Wolf In Sheep's Clothing. Lose some of the interior weight and put some decent bumpers on and away you go.

It is also very comfortable and the heater works !!!

Regards,

Peter.

Hey, I agree. The D2 is superb off road, been there done that and still doing it. Departure angle is obviously an issue even with decent bumpers for serious work, it can make a good ground anchor though!

Regarding the weight issue, I like my pies ok! you sound just like the wife.

Regarding the comfort, you sound like a wanna be rambler. :P

Regarding the heater, I have a wooly hat incase I ever get another Defender.

Cheers,

Jon.