Disco Exhaust

Typsey

Get a Genuine original. The prices are not unreasonable and they are much easier to fit and much longer lasting than any of the cheap rubbishy ones. Mostly they seem to last about 5-7 years which you really can't complain about!

The only suggestion I have is to get a non-cat front pipe if the vehicle currently has a cat fitted.

I'm surprised at that Tony. We change a lot of exhausts at work and the Genuine ones whether Defender or Discovery are usually excellent. My 1995 90 still had the original exhaust on it when I bought it, I did have to change a couple of bits of it about two years ago but that was still 8 years old... my old 200Tdi Disco had the original exhaust on it when I sold it (1991 vehicle, sold in late 97), and even the V8 I have now is still original at 4 years old and petrol engines chew up exhausts much quicker.

Must admit I'd be tempted to go original next time (or at least take the time to price it). Trying to get the pattern ones to line up wasn't fun and they ceetianly don't look like they are going to last anything like as long.

That is my other pet hate. I spent an hour and a half fitting a middle silencer to my old 300Tdi 90, it should have taken about 10 minutes (four bolts and a rubber mount). Old one came off easy enough, but the new one was the wrong length (by about an inch) and the hanger bracket was welded on both in the wrong place and at the wrong angle! There was some swearing... and I swore at that point I'd never mess around with cheap ones again!

Guest Fingers Mclean
Am going to replace my 300 Tdi exhaust system as it has become a bit sieve-like.

Any suggestions as what I should replace it with? Original part or some after market option?

Thanks.

IMHO i would go stainless steel ...I have a good friend that can design one to fit for you and he's

very reasonable :P:P i know he's just fitted a custom exhaust to a v8 90 and has put twin exit pipes

on it and its sounds great..Stainless steel including headers..Only one box in the middle then pipes either

side..COOOOLLLL :P:P:P .

PM me if you want his number ;)

Guest Fingers Mclean
IMHO i would go stainless steel ...I have a good friend that can design one to fit for you and he's

very reasonable :P:P i know he's just fitted a custom exhaust to a v8 90 and has put twin exit pipes

on it and its sounds great..Stainless steel including headers..Only one box in the middle then pipes either

side..COOOOLLLL :P:P:P .

PM me if you want his number ;)

Have you sorted your exhaust????