help need very poorly disco :(

titan

ok must say thans first to pinny helping me with this problem but just wont to check we havnt over looked somthing

so the full storie gose

i got my disco in jan and when i got it there was a probem with the engine in that it wouldnt rev past 3/3500 rpm leaving the top end short of power but apart from that driveable and something to put off while i was away after some playing we thought it may well be the lift pump as it was jurking once it hit 3000rpm like fuel starvation

well after it being parked up for two weeks at 2am on thursday i jump in to find there is a problem with the alarm it wouldnt turn off the fob stoped working i had to disconect the nectative termanal for 10sec then reconnect it to reset it which worked fine so i drove off but didnt do any reall millage till friday in which i loaded the disco and drove off to get fuel and it wouldnt rev past 2500rpm so i struggled down to the petrol station and filled up hoping it was just because it was low on fuel not really low but as the fuel gage wasnt working so it was a guess so to cut along storie short (think i got most of the factors in there ) i set off on a 200mile joruny from wiltshire to essex hoping it would snapp out of it but it didnt it wouldnt go past 2250rpm the only time it dose it when it is first started for the first few gear changes but then it snapps out it fills like it is restricted to 2250rpm when i was on the motorway at 50-55mph the engine was putting power on then releasing it as if i was controling it at that speed and releasing the throttle.

so im at a loss and as im right in the middle of moving and still have a 90 to pull to the new house (cheers pinny again for the help on that one) and a windscreen to get from a memebr of this forum i need to get it sorted asap im going to do the sediment tray 2morro and if that dosnt work we are thinking it could be the lift pump is nacked and when i exclerate its not reposnding i have a mate who seems to think it could be the ecu but as far as im aware the 300tdi dosnt have one ??

any help on this would be fantastic as i need to sort this asap as it the family runner

thanks in advance for the help

Almost identical symptoms to the ones i enjoyed in my 90, just miles before the lift pump died altogther.

As they're not expensive, put a new one on. If it doesn't fix the problem at least you know which bit it isn't and that you've now got a spare in stock!

Check for collapsed turbo hoses too, they'll act like restrictors.

Had the same kind of problem myself did all the filters and pump still had problem. Then someone said may be the fuel solenoid i took it to bits and cleaned it and the problem went.

been with herpmad today we have narrowed the problem to either the sender unit blocked inside the tank or between the sedimenter and tank what we need to know is there a filter/gauze on the bottom of the sender unit before we take this out as the pipes are corroded and will not budge its running ok by reversing the fuel lines at the lift pump using the return as the feed so its blocked between the sedimenter and tank

been with herpmad today we have narrowed the problem to either the sender unit blocked inside the tank or between the sedimenter and tank what we need to know is there a filter/gauze on the bottom of the sender unit before we take this out as the pipes are corroded and will not budge its running ok by reversing the fuel lines at the lift pump using the return as the feed so its blocked between the sedimenter and tank

beat me to it thanks again chris must be half way through the list of jobs to be done now, thanks for the replys and fingers crossed i may have a sender unit on its way just waiting for confirmation