Light wiring colours

I am working off a rather too faded wiring diagram and wonder if someone can confirm these colours. The plan is to rewire the supplementary lighting since I am getting fed iup with its unreliability, particularly having invested in upgrading most of the lights to LED. I did the headlights and was very pleased with the results.

Anyway what I have gleaned from the diagram is

Rear fog light Red / Yellow

Reversing light Green / Brown

LH rear indicator Green / Red

LH rear side light Red / Black

LH rear stop light Green / Purple

RH rear indicator Green / White

RH rear side light Red / Orange

RH rear stop light Green / Purple

Rear number plate Red / Black

LH side repeater Green / Red

RH side repeater Green / White

LH front indicator Green / Red

LH front side light Red / Black

RH front indicator Green / White

RH front side light Red / Orange

Earth Black

Does this make sense or are my eyes tricking me (the difference between a P and an R is quite tricky!)

Any tips too would be useful. I was planning to make up my own sort of harness using 16.5 amp cable (to get the colour ranges) and spiral wrap, then run it along the chassis using I think they are called S clips to hold in place - probably with the off big cable tie for good measure.

Thanks and best wishes

Malcy

Rear fog light Red / Yellow Yes

Reversing light Green / Brown Not sure

LH rear indicator Green / RedYes

LH rear side light Red / BlackYes

LH rear stop light Green / PurpleYes

RH rear indicator Green / WhiteYes

RH rear side light Red / Orange I thought they were both Red/Black but could easily be right if they're fused per-side

RH rear stop light Green / PurpleYes

Rear number plate Red / BlackYes

LH side repeater Green / RedYes

RH side repeater Green / WhiteYes

LH front indicator Green / RedYes

LH front side light Red / BlackYes

RH front indicator Green / WhiteYes

RH front side light Red / Orange As per the rear, I would expect Red/Black

Earth Black Yes

Your plan sounds fine, admirably conscientious in fact compared to the usual standard of LR wiring schemes :lol: although the quick version is to use trailer cable and wire to the standard colour scheme of that, you've only got one wire to poke through and the big stuff (6x1.0mmsq + 1x2.0mmsq earth) will handle plenty current, plus it's already in its own sleeve.

Thanks for quick reply. Had not thought of trailer cable which sounds quite handy, but had also been thinking of running separate earths back to the battery since most of the problems I have had come back to a duff earth somewhere. I bought a big reel of black cable with that specific intention.

Hoping it is not too massive a job and suspect biggest problem will be working out the lengths and routes. Stage one will be to take it all back to the fuseboard; stage two (if ever) will be to go from the fuseboard to the relevant switches etc). Stage two might not happen unless it turns out that that is where the problem lies!!

Best wishes

Malcy

Rear fog light Red / Yellow Yes

Reversing light Green / Brown YES

LH rear indicator Green / RedYes

LH rear side light Red / BlackYes

LH rear stop light Green / PurpleYes

RH rear indicator Green / WhiteYes

RH rear side light Red / Orange I thought they were both Red/Black but could easily be right if they're fused per-side

RH rear stop light Green / PurpleYes

Rear number plate Red / BlackYes

LH side repeater Green / RedYes

RH side repeater Green / WhiteYes

LH front indicator Green / RedYes

LH front side light Red / BlackYes

RH front indicator Green / WhiteYes

RH front side light Red / Orange As per the rear, I would expect Red/Black

Earth Black Yes

• 11 years later...

Hello this has really helped me. I had the rear x member done. The wiring was ripped out and I am putting the lights back all new.

Only problem is the hazard and indicators. Dead. I hot wired the relay and all working.

Can anyone please tell me how to step by step elimination to arrive at the fault.

Cheers, Paul

31 minutes ago, Paul butfustet said:

Hello this has really helped me. I had the rear x member done. The wiring was ripped out and I am putting the lights back all new.

Only problem is the hazard and indicators. Dead. I hot wired the relay and all working.

Can anyone please tell me how to step by step elimination to arrive at the fault.

Cheers, Paul

Work your way through this 

• 6 months later...