glow plugs

One day, I'll throw a meter to check, but I believe around 15 Amps each, so 60 Amps total.

If you don't want to use the stock timer/relay, I would suggest a single high amperage switch for simplicity.

I use a Pollak switch. Push/pull reated for 75 Amps. Cost around $15 and easily available, http://pollak.thomasnet.com/viewitems/swit...?&forward=1

There are also momentary switches that should be adequate, http://pollak.thomasnet.com/item/switches-...60?&seo=110

or even easier, wire them as per the link I added so they work on the timer relay via ignition switch & no extra switches to hold on while the glowplugs heat up. & you can wire in the 'choke' warning light as well to act as the glowplug energised light as per a full factory Tdi.

or even easier, wire them as paer the link I added so they work on the timer relay via ignition switch & no extra switches to hold on while the glowplugs heat up. & you can wire in the 'choke' warning light as well to act as the glowplug energised light as per a full factory Tdi.

Ralph,

I read the link you put up - bit off the topic, but it mentions that the LT77s slave cylinder is different. Does it mean different to the LT77 one? I've re-used the TD LT77 slave cylinder on an LT77s and it seems to work ok. Does this need changing ideally?

Thanks

or even easier, wire them as paer the link I added so they work on the timer relay via ignition switch & no extra switches to hold on while the glowplugs heat up. & you can wire in the 'choke' warning light as well to act as the glowplug energised light as per a full factory Tdi.

Ralph i will probably do what you have said but because mine was a petrol before there isnt any wiring for glow plugs so im going to make my own and thats why i would like to know the amps they draw.

Ralph i will probably do what you have said but because mine was a petrol before there isnt any wiring for glow plugs so im going to make my own and thats why i would like to know the amps they draw.

the glowplug wiring connector should fit your main loom as Diesel & Petrol vehicles use a common loom, have a look at the rubber connectors by the brake srervo & you should find see the matching wires.

I'm not sure of the price of the parts shown in the link, but whichever way to do it, at least the LR genuine parts including the wiring bits will have the normal LR warranty. just thought as the parts are available is was the easiet/tidiest way.

I should say that I am using the normal timer/relay with the output wired to the choke light. Works fine. I just thought the OP did not want to use the stock system.....

Yes, that was the original plan, I was giving a option.which I think is easier to fit & use.

• 6 months later...