fuel gauge (full but not)

:unsure: hi anybody got knowledge on me lil problem, me fuel gauge seems/is somehow faulty, i know it is only around half full but when i turn on the key it goes right to the far full side of the gauge.... any ideas ???? oh forgot to mention it just started today after id been playing in way too deep snow drifts, 6 feet deep or so in places (N.Yorks) , it cant be the pump, thats not long since been changed ,thx

:unsure: hi anybody got knowledge on me lil problem, me fuel gauge seems/is somehow faulty, i know it is only around half full but when i turn on the key it goes right to the far full side of the gauge.... any ideas ???? oh forgot to mention it just started today after id been playing in way too deep snow drifts, 6 feet deep or so in places (N.Yorks) , it cant be the pump, thats not long since been changed ,thx

The single wire to the fuel tank sender is grounded to earth/chassis. Packed snow may have dislodged the wire and now it is touching something, the snow could be packed around the sender connection causing a short, or the wire insulation could have chafed on somewhere causing the wire core to short on something metal.

Regards,

Diff

The single wire to the fuel tank sender is grounded to earth/chassis. Packed snow may have dislodged the wire and now it is touching something, the snow could be packed around the sender connection causing a short, or the wire insulation could have chafed on somewhere causing the wire core to short on something metal.

Regards,

Diff

thanx diff, il get under in the daylight and have me a look :blink:

just to add to this post some info i missed out, its a td5 so the gauge is part of the pump, damn things jus been changed , it worked fine up until the other day, now like i say the damn gauge aint workin an we all know ya need one o those on a landy, and when its been tweaked and your a little foot happy the gauge can be almost as fast as the speedo lol :( , is it looking like i gotta drop the tank again ???? , DOH !!! :angry:

its fixt ........ wiv a hammer ....... the float was stuck ......woohoo !!! :lol: