Intercooler hose sizes?

CJRH

I need to sort out the intercooler hoses on my project, the intercooler is in a non standard place, the cost of silicone hoses is crazy and so I need an alternative, does anyone know if the top intercooler hose for a TD4 Freelander has the same internal diameter as 200tdi intercooler hoses? I’m looking at part number WAP 000080.

Cheers, Chris

while looking for hoses a while back, i came across "Mr-Silicone-Hoses" on ebay...do a search. whilst i didn't buy any of the hoses, i thought his prices where great.

Yep I agree , I just bought a good few hoses from Mr Silicone and saved a good few quid compared with my local Samco Agent .

Not sure about the Freelander but 200 tdi intercooler hoses are 2"/51mm ID

You could also do like I did and buy standard silicon bends (90's, 45's, 120's, etc...) and use ali pipe to connect them. It's not the most "budget" way to do it but it turns out looking very nice and should last a long time. I suppose you could save some quid and find rubber bends and use steel pipe. Since you're only using short angle pieces it should be relatively easy to find replacements in the future.