300 inj pump

landkeeper

lads is it feasible/possible even to adapt the fly by wire pump from a 300 tdi to manual throttle cable operation or is it just a case of swapping the pump for the cable one

it's a fbw 300 going into a defender i'm assuming the engine was out of an auto

So its not impossible then? Has anyone done one yet and is it possible to tell us what is involved in the making? I see its a pump with pipes, cable with pedel anything else?

......JJ

So its not impossible then? Has anyone done one yet and is it possible to tell us what is involved in the making? I see its a pump with pipes, cable with pedel anything else?

......JJ

Done this

you need

injector pump non edc with throttle cable bracket on

injector pipes

throttle cable plus couple of bolts/pins to hold cable at the injector pump, and on throttle pedal with kickdown cable if its auto

boost pipe runs from turbo to injector pump

identify stop solenoid wire and reconnect

i also changed timing belt, crankshaft seal and timing cover gasket.

you can use origonal injectors just cut off the feed wire on no 4 injector

thats it i think of the top of me head

Keith

......JJ

What's not impossible?

I junked the EDC on my Discovery, about 2 years ago, in favour of a mechanical pump as the EDC was getting more and more unreliable but as said above I had to replace the Electronic injection pump with a mechanical one plus change a few other bits and pieces and install a throttle cable.

Pete.

That is super guys thanks will have to blow out the dust from my wallet and fill it with cash to get the right parts that will be needed. I guess I just unplug the FBW from the pedal & loom?

May even do a turtorial in return if there not one about.

Thanks again ......JJ

Guest DiscoTD4

As above unfortunately the EDC pump unit uses two separate solenoids to control the fueling and injection timing using clocked square wave signals from the EDC etc. You would need to replace the solenoids with a suitable mechanical system to emulate the action that the solenoids performed - not impossible by probably impracticable. You'd probably end up with two cables, one for the injection timing and one for the fuel quantity, to be suitable syncronised.

Non-EDC pump is the way to go

All the best

Hi again, Been looking in to replacing the pump as I cant find the answer to why the disco has rough idle. From what I been reading it dont seam to be the same problem as most have been having? Anyway what I want to ask is if I cant get it to work right could I put my 200tdi pump, Pipes, cable on to the 300tdi? It save me a lot of money in the long run for now as the 200 needs lots of welding and the weather is not helping, so while it waiting could I swop them over?

Thanks ...JJ