Series soft top on a 90

Can someone help me.

I have a 1984 90 and want to fit a soft top. I have been offered hoods and sticks from a series 3 but am not sure if it will fit. The tub of the 90 does have the same holes but unsure as if i was to spend the time and money removing from the series to fitting on the 90.

Any help will be brilliant

Cheers in advance guys

Jamie

As said the front windscreen is differant. Has a clamp style fitted to the top of the windscreen. Which clamps the roof to the top of the screen

Becasue the defender screen is higher than the side bits on top of the door are also differant to the Series

Here is my 90

PICT0478.JPG

So what you will need is a windscreen clamp , and door tops, Can get these from All wheel trim in Whitney. That is where mine came from

Here is the differance between the two

90 set

frame-LR90-full.JPG

And the Series set

frame-LR88-full.JPG

As set up on my 90 with the roll cage (well protection bar really)

3002.JPG

The rear bars are the same and would be ok. The soft top will not fit nas they are differant at the front. as said before.

But all wheel trim do them and that is where mine came from them and is a Mohair soft top which is now 6 years old and has not shunk and is great. Even in the Aussie Sun

Lancelin%20Dunes.jpg

Tasty 90.

Consider a military roll bar and all it's fittings as well, gives a top anchorage for the belts and some roll protection (not as good as an NAS cage but better than just the sticks). If you don't you'll need seat belt top mounting rail.

Tasty 90.

Consider a military roll bar and all it's fittings as well, gives a top anchorage for the belts and some roll protection (not as good as an NAS cage but better than just the sticks). If you don't you'll need seat belt top mounting rail.

Yeah that is what i have in my 90. An ex army roll bar (or as i said before more like protection bar rather than roll bar ). But great for the seat belt mounts.

You can get them from All Wheel trim too.

rollbar.JPG

Here is the one in my 90

PICT0483.JPG

Wow thanks for the info guys. Much needed.

reads90......I AM JEALOUS OF YOUR TRUCK. I love the soft top look and really want to get mine done. I am in the process of painting mine bright yellow and think a black canvas top will finish it nicely.

so I can use series hoops but would need the door bars and windscreen bar for a 90 right.

Ebay here i come lol

Jamie

Wow thanks for the info guys. Much needed.

reads90......I AM JEALOUS OF YOUR TRUCK. I love the soft top look and really want to get mine done. I am in the process of painting mine bright yellow and think a black canvas top will finish it nicely.

Cheers, the car spends most of its time with the bikini top on as i now live in Brisbane

so I can use series hoops but would need the door bars and windscreen bar for a 90 right.

Yeah that is right . Also to point out the rear tailgate for a 90 is the same as a series one. Even though they will charge you alot more for a second hand 90 one and alot less for a series one (well they were the last time i was at Sodbury Sortout

Ebay here i come lol

Best place to find stuff

Jamie