Reinstalling 24v system in 110 Defender

shadey

Hi

I have recently bought a 1986 110 Defender FFR. When the MOD removed the 'tactical' equipment they took out the 24v battery set up. The 24v Alternator and Transfer Box are still installed and connected. I would like to get the other connectors so that I can install the batteries and get the 24v espar heater up and running.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the connecting cables from the transfer box to the battery pack. Part No. PRC5545?

any help greatly appreciated.

probably best start at emlra.org. Their C&S tat shop may me able to help/advise. Or failing that e-bay will most likely have lots of tat.

make sure you have a wiring diagram for the 24v FFR 110 and make a start with that.

At 86 vintage you should have the 3 terminal alternator. WL is warning lamp. (24v no-charge bulb on dash circuit)

Big nut 1 is 90A output for 2x 12v 100A batteries in series (24v)

Big nut 2 (not normally used) is 90A output for 2 morex12v 100A batteries in series.

There is also an ammeter shunt and terminal box which drops on the back of the bulkhead. This has a multiway connector to connect the battery box into.

Also a smaller box which bolts behind passenger seat to hold 2x 100A fuses for input leads to batteries.

Pete

Hi

I have recently bought a 1986 110 Defender FFR. When the MOD removed the 'tactical' equipment they took out the 24v battery set up. The 24v Alternator and Transfer Box are still installed and connected. I would like to get the other connectors so that I can install the batteries and get the 24v espar heater up and running.

Can anyone tell me where I can get the connecting cables from the transfer box to the battery pack. Part No. PRC5545?

any help greatly appreciated.

hi,

I own a exmod 110 that had some wiring for 24v. Do you have a pic of what you are looking for? I have no idea what PRC5545 is!

I removed most of the 24v stuff of what was left but may be able to help. Is it box that has a large red and black knobs/terminals on it, with thick cables entering? I was planning to list on ebay but not really got around to it just yet.

I had a 24v lightweight but am unfamilar with what was installed in the 110.

Cheers.

• 11 years later...