Communication Oziexplorer <=> Terratrip

henk

Hello,

I am using Oziexplorer together with a Terratrip 202 plus to test roadbooks for the Belgium LR club.

Yesterday the following question came up:

Would it be possible to generate automatically a waypoint in Ozi each time you reset the Terratrip ?

If you can find some way of communicating the key press to an application running on the PC it should be possible.

There are some limitations to the OziExplorer API but as long as the Moving map option is running it's possible for another application to create a new waypoint for the current location.

I have a test version of my app that I'm sending out to those who have expressed an interest very soon (today or tomorrow). It may be simplest to add an MOB style button to the app that allows you to create a waypoint instantly from a button. That way you can, at worst case, press the Teratrip button and the OziExplorer button at the same time.

The current version of the app doesn't include DMS or UTM as I'm still finishing that off but I'll include you on the distribution list so you can get an idea of the way it works and the way it hooks into OziExplorer. I'll add an MOB button in the same release as the DMS support is added.

@Fridge: I have a handheld to reset the counters that is wire connected to the Terratrip: I guess it makes a kind of shortcut when pressing the reset button so I should be able to redirect this signal to the pc as well

@Dave: very interested to test your app