Query about the Discovery 2 traction control

Naks

Hi all

this weekend SWAMBO & I went driving on some gravel roads around the Western Cape southern coast and a couple of times the TC light came on, but I didn't hear any noises nor felt the D2 behave differently (unlike the HDC) - is that normal?

Yes it is, sometimes the ETC thinks there is about to be a wheelspin situation and puts the light on before it does anything else then changes its mind :)

Happens quite a lot with the V8 auto on gravel because it is so easy to spin the wheels on gravel in the V8, a wheel running over a large loose rock and just "spinning" momentarily on the rock and then gripping again is the most common cause.

Yes it is, sometimes the ETC thinks there is about to be a wheelspin situation and puts the light on before it does anything else then changes its mind :)

Happens quite a lot with the V8 auto on gravel because it is so easy to spin the wheels on gravel in the V8, a wheel running over a large loose rock and just "spinning" momentarily on the rock and then gripping again is the most common cause.

thanks, it sounds like what was happening. The TC light would come on when we drove over corrugations. :)

I've also found more often than not that I'll here the TC for a split second but the light doesn't come on.

My TC light comes on every time I pull away on a bend with gravel.

The ABS pump does-its-thing when I park on a bend (in gravel) too.

TD5, so no V8 gut, but clearly enough umph' to trick the Traction control.

My 0.5€ worth is that when there is a speed difference between left and right on the same axel, TC comes into play.

No big deal... with 140,000km on my BFG AT KO's Im about to get a new set.

Simon