Brake pipe protection for rear Defender axle

white90

Cheers Ian

mine have been damaged where it loops up to the caliper both sides.

I saw some on the D44 site on their 110 build just a simple S shape to tie the pipe to.

I'll make some next week before replacing the pipes again.

done mine similar to devons, take the time to bend the bar so it runs as close to the caliper as possible without touching it.Also run the pipes just above the weld on the casing. Seems to give mine a bit of extra protection

I blantantly copied the Devon 4x4 trayback method on my Rangie axle - if you're reading Mr Buck & Co - "I am not worthy...."

As I'm trying too keep weight down - I've just gone for making them really tight to the caliper and keeping the loop as small and as neat as possible.

Have not yet damaged one.

The other thing I have done is 'lifed' copper pipes so that they get replaced every couple of years. Probably not necessary on a daily driver or even a challenge truck, but its not much fun losing brakes in the middle of a 60km Baja stage from a work hardened fracture. In fact I am considering making it all out of flexi next time.

As I'm trying too keep weight down - I've just gone for making them really tight to the caliper and keeping the loop as small and as neat as possible.

Have not yet damaged one.

The other thing I have done is 'lifed' copper pipes so that they get replaced every couple of years. Probably not necessary on a daily driver or even a challenge truck, but its not much fun losing brakes in the middle of a 60km Baja stage from a work hardened fracture. In fact I am considering making it all out of flexi next time.

I welded shaped steel tube to the axle and run dash 3 Aeroquip from the "T" piece through the tube and used reusable earls ends , this also means I can replace any pipe on the car by carrying 3 metre lenth of aeroquip and some new olives.