Simex Extreme Trekker

i have run 36" extreme trekkers for a few years now and have been impressed with them but overall they dont measure any higher than 35" simexs.They even fitted club off roads 35" tyre limit tool a few years ago ;)

Paul :blink:

another mod that some people do is cut every other centre lug off(on 36"et2s) this gives a more open pattern like the 35".But i just cant bring myself to attack a £200+ tyre with the cutter :blush:

Paul B)

bit like this

post-839-1237721485_thumb.jpg

i have run 36" extreme trekkers for a few years now and have been impressed with them but overall they dont measure any higher than 35" simexs.They even fitted club off roads 35" tyre limit tool a few years ago ;)

paul i dont belive it, it said 36" on the tyre wall and uncle Brian let it pass scrutineering and his strict boarder control? you were luck that COR gustapo didnt burn your truck!

paul i dont belive it, it said 36" on the tyre wall and uncle Brian let it pass scrutineering and his strict boarder control? you were luck that COR gustapo didnt burn your truck!

:lol::lol::lol: ,yes apparently there were a couple of us running 36"tyres that got through the measurement but one guy had some new 35s and only just got in :huh:

Apologies for jumping in, but if you stick road miles on these tyres( simex exstreme )how long will they last?.

i do about 10k road miles a year but love simex offroad and have them on my challenge truck.

i just dont want to buy some for the landy and find out 12 months later there bald.

They round off the corners really quick on the road,if you are doing 10000miles a year i would try and get a set of road tyres.When i was using my car everyday i got a set of white 8 spokes with 33" cheapy all terrains for road use(only cost £300 brand new for the set with wheels!!!)

Paul ;)

thanks marsie looking forward to see ya truck finsihed on difflock.com

i have some wrangler MTR 33inch already but want some thing more aggressive . has anyone actually just done road miles on a simex? then 2 play days a month etc

I had a set of 33" Jungle Trekkers on for 4 months

Only off roaded a couple of time and you could see wearing away at an alarming rate.

Back on BFG's now

thanks marsie looking forward to see ya truck finsihed on difflock.com

not been on difflock recently.Hows your build going??

As Jake says,simex are good off road but wear down visibly on road :blink: ,you could save the amount it would cost you for a second set of tyres in the replacement cost of 1 and a bit simex????? worth considering?

Paul :huh:

The 36" Extreme Trekker is to bog for standard axles, you will break everything. We have now 34" Jungle Trekkers, this is in my opinion a better set up for standard Land Rover axles. Now I'm runnig the 36"under my C303, that fit's much better.