110 reverse light fitting

Hi all,

I am in the process of mocking up my ex MOD 110 into a wolf 110, ( I know you're thinking this should be in Military section), but bear with me.

I have what I believe is an LT77 Gearbox, its a bog standard 2.5 N/A deisel, Circa 1986, so I can only presume its an LT77.

In order for me to mock the lights of the wolf I will require to fit a reverse light, but my motor doesn't have no reverse light at the moment. I have been told that you can just buy a plug which goes into the gearbox, and that the actual wiring for it should be on the loom already.

So , Could anyone point or link me to exactly what I need to buy to do this?.

Thanks,

Chris.

Well, if the wiring is there, which I am not sure, it will terminate behind the RHS rear stop/tail light. Take the cover off and check for a live when you engage reverse. If you need to, you could remove the tunnel and check that the reversing light switch is in place just below and to the rear of the gearstick. It should be fairly evident and give you a clue what colour wire to look for. Of course, some bright spark might come up with a wiring diagram...

Chris

I did just this on my ex-mil before I changed my engine and gearbox.

You need a reverse light switch for an lt77 about £6 ish. You will need to remove the blanking plug from the top of the selector housing at the rear of the middle seat hatch.

The wiring is already there, or should be. Green wire and green with brown stripe to front loom. Green and brown appears on offside rear in the tub behind the lamp cover. From memory :unsure:

One other thing, fit the switch with the gearbox in neutral (springy plunger on switch). You screw it in and then do a locknut up behind it. Beware though if you screw it in too far you wont be able to select reverse correctly. So test it before driving into a parking space against the wall.

£ how much, :o mine was 6 or 7 quid, mind you that was in 2001. "FA onwards" Mine is an 86 and seem to remember is a BA chassis code?

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/DEFENDER/E...10277_4cyl.html

is this any good Ralph? PRC2911? £5.50 exvat Paddocks or Beamends. It's listed for two applications as a lt77 reverse switch and a high/low t-box disco1 switch

Pete

£ how much, :o mine was 6 or 7 quid, mind you that was in 2001. "FA onwards" Mine is an 86 and seem to remember is a BA chassis code?

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/DEFENDER/E...10277_4cyl.html

is this any good Ralph? PRC2911? £5.50 exvat Paddocks or Beamends. It's listed for two applications as a lt77 reverse switch and a high/low t-box disco1 switch

Pete

PRC2911 would work or the later one in my link