quick question

am i right in thinking a 4.6 p38 range rover v8 will fit straight into my 90?

- if not knowing what will more than likely need changing would be grand!

it at present has a 3.5 v8 in. non factory, but the work was carried out by a proffesional.

cheers

If it has a V8 in now then you can use your existing clutch flywheel and exhaust manifolds (4.6 manifolds are both different and hopless)

So, pretty much yes, hoses for rad etc and few things will need tweaking but nothing major

HTH

Nige

Cheers Nige.

What's the best gearbox to replace mine with? Think at the moment i have LT77 as reverse is top left.

I dont want to go Auto, I prefer manual................................................and being able to jump start! ;)

ive got a defender 90 V8 gearbox sitting on my drive doin nothing think its the LT85 5 speed was rebuilt only 2 years ago mint condition.

Just incase you interested also was from a V8 so bell housing should fit straight on.

Late LT77 (LT77S) is better than early, R380 is better than LT77 and both are interchangeable like-for-like (you'll need the matching bellhousing though).

If i am to fit a 3.9 efi to my 90, its a '97 serpentine, + i buy a r380 gearbox.

will the bellhousing come off my current gearbox and go inbetween replacement 3.9 and r380 gearbox?

cheers fridge :blink:

will the bellhousing come off my current gearbox and go inbetween replacement 3.9 and r380 gearbox?

Only if your current gearbox is an R380. If you can stretch to it, do what I did and just phone Ashcrofts and ask for the right thing, they will build one up - my R380 I believe has a late V8 RR front end (for the V8 input shaft & bellhousing) and a Defender tail (for the shifter) and the best late-spec/TVR internals whatever that entails.