cv joint

hello people i have a Defender 90 1984 what as been rebuilt using an early 200tdi defender,and i am having trouble finding which cv joint kit and halfshaft i need as they seem to go on chassis number i do not have time to take to bits to find which on it is so is there another way of finding out

cheers

on the upper face of the longer axle tube, above the horizontal weld line near the breather pipe connections, have a damp rag,good strong light source & wire brush to hand, as they can be hard to find, the serial number should be stamped in to the metal.

on the upper face of the longer axle tube, above the horizontal weld line near the breather pipe connections, have a damp rag,good strong light source & wire brush to hand, as they can be hard to find, the serial number should be stamped in to the metal.

cheers mate will have a crack at the in the morning

As already stated, if your axle is original, then you will probably have AEU2522 which is 23 spline on the inner cage and slightly longer than other CV Joints.

However this is "probably" as land rover did not conform to any particular year or model. so the only way to be sure is take it out or check the axle number.

Steve

IT's a good CV and the strongest of the standard land rover genuine parts ones.

As already stated, if your axle is original, then you will probably have AEU2522 which is 23 spline on the inner cage and slightly longer than other CV Joints.

However this is "probably" as land rover did not conform to any particular year or model. so the only way to be sure is take it out or check the axle number.

Steve

IT's a good CV and the strongest of the standard land rover genuine parts ones.

Mods can now close please cv joint has been replaced thanks every one for the help

fair enough, but that "worst" axle uses the same 32/24 CV that every later landy uses right?

so for CV's theres the early AEU2522, something in between, then the 32/24 one used in the axle you mention and all 300tdi's etc?

Three kinds AFAIK. It is very confusing as different source say different things......

AEU2522, 23/24

RTC6862, 33/24 From 20L48866 RHD, 21L33356 LHS (I thought it was 32 spline, but everyone says 33....)

TDJ000010, 32/24, 300TDI and on....