Intercoms

In the AWDC Challenger events, there are quite a number of teams using some form of intercom between the driver and co-driver. Some of these are Helmet based, but I don't think we are at that level yet, so I wondered what other systems people have employed?

I was particularly interested in one team I saw using what looked like ear defenders, but I guess are a bit more involved than that....

Cheers

Mark

In the AWDC Challenger events, there are quite a number of teams using some form of intercom between the driver and co-driver. Some of these are Helmet based, but I don't think we are at that level yet, so I wondered what other systems people have employed?

I was particularly interested in one team I saw using what looked like ear defenders, but I guess are a bit more involved than that....

Cheers

Mark

My Brother and his co driver and myself and my co driver use

Scala - Cardo Scala Rider Motorcycle Bluetooth Bike to Bike Intercom Talk Multiset Q2

e.g.

http://www.asecurityonestopshop.com/produc...artno=SRQ2MS003

They have an 8 hour talk time, where some others only have a 6 hour talk time.

We have mounted them to some ear defenders (http://www.screwfix.com/prods/49075/Workwear-PPE/Protective-Clothing/Ear-Protection/Peltor-Optime-1-Ear-Defender)

You take out the foam inside, drill 2 holes in the plastic to match the screw holes in the unit and bolt the unit using supplied bolts.

Then you stick one side of the velcro mount to where the foam was inside the ear piece and velcro the speaker to it.

Repeat the speaker mounting for the other side.

Drill some more holes to allow more sound in from outside.

If you want, can can supply some more detailed pictures later.

im using the same and so are quite a few other teams, some have been moded to fit in ear defenders are said above some moded on to computer headsets with a head torch thingy

but we have gone for the helmet route as id rather get used to wearing one now as i think it will eventually become that all events will require them but not only that you only have one head and i want to look after mine

Gwyn Lewis sells them Gwyn's Site

Nobby

Zardos, Pictures would be cool, but I do get your drift... I think it was you guys next to us at the start line on Sunday maybe?

Having looked around at other methods, that is certainly looking like a good way to go...

Cheers

Mark

Zardos, Pictures would be cool, but I do get your drift... I think it was you guys next to us at the start line on Sunday maybe?

Having looked around at other methods, that is certainly looking like a good way to go...

Cheers

Mark

Some Pictures

post-1948-1241726142_thumb.jpg

Speaker with bolts to hold unit

post-1948-1241726124_thumb.jpg

post-1948-1241726156_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Mark

We used helmets with interphones, were at no level though (team all the gear no idea). They are brilliant, only trouble is my co-driver is confused and prone to wondering , if its too far, behind trees or hills they loose connection and the instructions have to come out, nearly used to it now after two outings. The helmets are okay, abit warm so probably going to try out the ear defenders for the next round

Cardo headsets. Speak to Gwyn as Nobby said..In fact call him today so that he runs out of time to prep his car for this weekend and we can then finnish in front of him!!!!!!! (as some one has thrown down the gauntlet!!!and Rob has stopped eating all the pies)

Cardo headsets. Speak to Gwyn as Nobby said..In fact call him today so that he runs out of time to prep his car for this weekend and we can then finnish in front of him!!!!!!! (as some one has thrown down the gauntlet!!!and Rob has stopped eating all the pies)

John, Gwyn is going to be fully charged for Sunday as he is not camping hes in the hotel but we could get him in the nightclub B)