trouble starting

hi all my truck needs help 300 tdi after driving or left over night when i go to start up it just turns over and over for like 10 or 20 turns then it runs fine then if i leave it for 10 mins its the same. i have changed the filter and there's always fuel in the filter so i think the lift pump is ok it seems to be from the pump. it as only just started doing this in the last few days .any suggestion please .

hi all my truck needs help 300 tdi after driving or left over night when i go to start up it just turns over and over for like 10 or 20 turns then it runs fine then if i leave it for 10 mins its the same. i have changed the filter and there's always fuel in the filter so i think the lift pump is ok it seems to be from the pump. it as only just started doing this in the last few days .any suggestion please .

There may be fuel in the filter but is it and all the pipework full? A lift pump with a duff valve will allow the fuel to run back overnight but will be fine for the rest of the day after the 1st start. Your symptoms are exactly the same as I once had. A new lift pump cured it. Failing that you have a air leak in the fuel system.

There may be fuel in the filter but is it and all the pipework full? A lift pump with a duff valve will allow the fuel to run back overnight but will be fine for the rest of the day after the 1st start. Your symptoms are exactly the same as I once had. A new lift pump cured it. Failing that you have a air leak in the fuel system.

thanks good point i have a lift pump i will try it