Moving the control pack of a winch ...

Hey guys,

Need some advice here, please. I would like to move the control pack of my Warn XD9000 from the front to somewhere in the engine compartment. I've read in previous posts that this can be moved to somewhere in front of the driver. I'm not a 100% sure where exactly (it's already a tight fit in there). Can anyone pass me a pointer, please.

I guess the cabling need lengthening as well.

Cheers for your time.

Thanks,

JackSA.

you will need to lengthen the 3 cables from the solenoids to the winch and reroute the +ve cable from the battery. mine is mounted on the inside of the wing on the passenger side infront of the washer bottle but anywhere will work, if they are albrright copies best to keep them in a vertical plane.

you will need to lengthen the 3 cables from the solenoids to the winch and reroute the +ve cable from the battery. mine is mounted on the inside of the wing on the passenger side infront of the washer bottle but anywhere will work, if they are albrright copies best to keep them in a vertical plane.

Hey James,

Cheers for the help on this.

What do you mean by "albrright copies"?? Not sure I follow that? How do you mean vertical plane? (apologies for the noob question).

Rgds,

-JackSA

if you have the std warn solenoids then no need to worry.

albrights and copy albrights are popular replacement solenoids.

Albright make solenoids for winches and they work well in any plane, there are various copies of them around and from what i have heard some of the copies dont work that well unless they are mounted in the upright position (something to do with weak return springs)

go here then type solenoids in the search box and it will show both on the results page

Its worth trying to keep the cables between winch and solenoid pack as short as possible. And then use the largest cable you can find, particularly for the battery cables. All helps to keep the resistance low and reduce current draw

Not that im saying don't move to a safer cleaner location though

Nick