200Tdi Engine Mountings

Hi all,

My brother in law and I recently transplanted a Disco 200Tdi into his 2.5 petrol 90 Truck Cab following Les's superb thread. :D

For ease and simplicity we re-used the complete engine mountings from the 2.5 petrol engine, including the mounting rubbers. My brother in law is now complaining that he feels a lot of vibration through the whole car. Personally I think that the idle speed of the engine is a bit on the low side and increasing it will go some way to reduce the vibration. Of course a diesel will always vibrate more than a comparable petrol engine and it could just be a case of him having to get used to it.

Has anyone else come across this problem and do you have any recommendations for a possible cure? Would the 2.5 diesel engine mountings be any better, assuming they are different than the petrol ones?

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

Edited by Mark
There's no need to shout ;)

My 90 was originally a 2.5 Petrol and the mounts are the same as yours taken from the old engine and put onto the disco lump......I dont really notice getting a huge amount of vibration, like you said there will be more vibration than previously as its a diesel.

EDIT:just had a look and it looks like both the 2.5P and 2.5D have the same engine mounts both use STC434

Dave.

My 90 was originally a 2.5 Petrol and the mounts are the same as yours taken from the old engine and put onto the disco lump......I dont really notice getting a huge amount of vibration, like you said there will be more vibration than previously as its a diesel.

EDIT:just had a look and it looks like both the 2.5P and 2.5D have the same engine mounts both use STC434

Dave.

Thanks Dave,

As I thought, he's just being a pussy. :rolleyes: His "other car" is an M Class Merc petrol so the Landy is a bit of a culture shock compared to that.

Regards, Mark.