Winch bumper fabrication questions???

Just bought a 90 recently, its a non aircon model but im interested in making my own front winch bumper but want it slightly raised up

seen a few on other sites ones you can buy but if someone could show me a few they have made theirselves, ill be using a goodwinch tds in it

many thanks guys

heres what i managed yesterday

vwinch bumper........................done

used 5mm steel the standard bumpers are very flimsy so re-inforced with box section on the inside

taken me a fair few hours to get it uber strong :7

gonna modify the side but will post up pics once done

but its sat there ready for my goodwinch tds!

P10-06-09_1701.jpg

P10-06-09_1702.jpg

I'm confused...?

You said you wanted your bumper to be raised higher than the one I just made yet your winch tray is between the chassis rails whereas mine is on top?

Change of heart or did I misunderstand.

I'm confused...?

You said you wanted your bumper to be raised higher than the one I just made yet your winch tray is between the chassis rails whereas mine is on top?

Change of heart or did I misunderstand.

hi james,

looks like you could do with a bit more approch angle,put mine on top,and cut dumb irons off.....post-5572-1244644338_thumb.jpg

PS; are you coming sunday?????

cheers

steve....

hi james,

looks like you could do with a bit more approch angle,put mine on top,and cut dumb irons off.....post-5572-1244644338_thumb.jpg

PS; are you coming sunday?????

cheers

steve....

i know i know lol i had a change of heart when making it, not gonna be able to make sunday gotta work on mates truck helping him put a 300 lump into a series!

thanks very much for the info guys spot on defo gonna buy another bumper and put one on top get the better approach angle