side exit on a series

moony123

hi all got a side exit on my series 3 tdi is there something you can get to protect my wing?

i have the exhaust coming straight out of my wing at 67mm need an insert 70mm to 90mm as ive seen in mags on other landys but unsure of the name of them

can any1 help cheers

hi all got a side exit on my series 3 tdi is there something you can get to protect my wing?

i have the exhaust coming straight out of my wing at 67mm need an insert 70mm to 90mm as ive seen in mags on other landys but unsure of the name of them

can any1 help cheers

Keeping the exhaust out of halms way is not that easy with some systems.. The standard exhaust on the series 1 and 2 went underneath the front bulkhead outrigger. The later series 2/3 goes down beside the engine but still dips below the engine xmember, the lowest point and very easy to ground.

I passed my down pipe through the bulkhead outrigger.. In this location its been completely safe.. I incorpoarted this mod into my new chassis..

The exhaust exits infront of the rear wheel.. Ive seen exhausts that exit through the rear body and Im sure you can make or have made a body insert.. Look in the LR mags and Im sure you'll find plenty of aftermarket kits or firms offering what you want. But what have you done with the downpipe end.. Does yours pass under or above the engine crossmember?

post-16925-1244590517_thumb.jpg

post-16925-1244590554_thumb.jpg

I passed my down pipe through the bulkhead outrigger.. In this location its been completely safe.. I incorpoarted this mod into my new chassis..

i thought about doing that on mine, but i was worried about weakening the outrigger too much :(