extra side light feed question

hi all,

sorry for the dumpty question but after all the hassle i had recently fitting the new NAS lights and getting them to work i wanted to double check.

i've got new wipac headlights for my 90 to finish off the lights and they come with the built in extra side light.

i intend to run a feed for these two small lights off the fly lead of the NAS side lights. Will this be ok?

if not then what do people suggest? i dont really want to run another feed from the switch if i can help it.

thanks again.

Rick

Yes, will work or feed them via a relay using the standard sidelights as the switching source, similar to fitting a pair of relay controlled driving [main beam only] lights.

Further to Western's answer, I can confirm (having done it) that you can also connect them directly at the bullet connector provided behind each headlight (red/white on one side and red/black on the other, I think. A 5W sidelight draws 5/13's of an amp, and the car has a 5A fuse for each side. (fit for 60W or nearly 12 side lights). The bullet sockets are probably cakked up, so be prepared to replace them.

Further to Western's answer, I can confirm (having done it) that you can also connect them directly at the bullet connector provided behind each headlight (red/white on one side and red/black on the other, I think. A 5W sidelight draws 5/13's of an amp, and the car has a 5A fuse for each side. (fit for 60W or nearly 12 side lights). The bullet sockets are probably cakked up, so be prepared to replace them.

That's what I did, but I use LED's in all my lights except the headlights, so virtualy no load at all :D

Guest noggy

Side light fuse is 2.5amp...

atleast this is what is says on my fuse cover!

Side light fuse is 2.5amp...

atleast this is what is says on my fuse cover!

:angry: bl**dy-prevoius-numpty-owner-snashn-fracken-radio-wired-on-2.5mm-twin-and-earth-should-have-f***in-known- made-me-look-a-t**t ..

Ahem.

In a correction to my previous post, its a 2.5A fuse each side, good for 30W or about six 5W bulbs or about 100 LED ones. ;)

Where can I fit the other 97 sidelights?

:rolleyes: Hmmmm. Since the sidelight circuit also includes tail lights and side marker lights, so you could do a little stretching and make your landy 291m long (at 3m side marker light spacing)? I grant you the breakover angle will be poor, but you'll turn heads.

Not corners though :blink: